- [To the chiefe Musician on Neginoth,
A Psalme of Dauid.]
- Heare me, when I call, O God of my righteousnesse: thou hast inlarged mee when I was in distresse, haue mercy vpon me, and heare my prayer.
- O ye sonnes of men, how long will yee turne my glory into shame?
how long will yee loue vanitie, and seeke after leasing?
- But know that the Lord hath set apart him that is godly, for himselfe: the Lord will heare when I call vnto him.
- Stand in awe, and sinne not: commune with your owne heart vpon your bed, and be still.
- Offer the sacrifices of righteousnesse, and put your trust in the Lord.
- There be many that say, Who wil shew vs any good?
Lord lift thou vp the light of thy countenance vpon vs.
- Thou hast put gladnesse in my heart, more then in the time that their corne and their wine increased.
- I will both lay mee downe in peace, and sleepe: for thou Lord only makest me dwell in safetie.