- [To the chiefe Musician.
A Psalme of Dauid.]
- Blessed is he that considereth the poore;
the Lord will deliuer him in time of trouble.
- The Lord will preserue him, and keepe him aliue, and he shall be blessed vpon the earth;
and thou wilt not deliuer him vnto the will of his enemies.
- The Lord will strengthen him vpon the bed of languishing: thou wilt make all his bed in his sicknesse.
- I sayd, Lord be mercifull vnto me, heale my soule, for I haue sinned against thee.
- Mine enemies speake euill of me: when shall hee die, and his name perish?
- And if hee come to see me, he speaketh vanity: his heart gathereth iniquitie to it selfe, when he goeth abroad, he telleth it.
- All that hate me, whisper together against me;
against me doe they deuise my hurt.
- An euill disease, say they, cleaueth fast vnto him;
and now that he lyeth, he shall rise vp no more.
- Yea mine owne familiar friend in whom I trusted, which did eate of my bread, hath lift vp his heele against me.
- But thou, O Lord, be mercifull vnto mee, and raise me up vp that I may requite them.
- By this I know that thou fauourest me: because mine enemie doeth not triumph ouer me.
- And as for me, thou vpholdest me in mine integritie;
and settest me before thy face for euer.
- Blessed bee the Lord God of Israel, from euerlasting, and to euerlasting.
Amen, and Amen.