- [To the chiefe Musician vpon Shoshannim,
for the sonnes of Korah,
a song of loues.]
- My heart is inditing a good matter: I speake of the things which I haue made, touching the King: my tongue is the penne of a ready writer.
- Thou art fairer then the children of men: grace is powred into thy lips: therfore God hath blessed thee for euer.
- Gird thy sword vpon thy thigh, O most mightie: with thy glory and thy maiestie.
- And in thy maiestie ride prosperously, because of trueth and meekenes, and righteousnesse: and thy right hand shall teach thee terrible things.
- Thine arrowes are sharpe in the heart of the Kings enemies;
whereby the people fall vnder thee.
- Thy throne (O God) is for euer and euer: the scepter of thy kingdome is a right scepter.
- Thou louest righteousnesse, and hatest wickednesse: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oyle of gladnesse aboue thy fellowes.
- All thy garments smell of myrrhe, and aloes, and cassia: out of the Iuorie palaces, whereby they haue made thee glad.
- Kings daughters were among thy honourable women: vpon thy right hand did stand the Queene in golde of Ophir.
- Hearken (O daughter) and consider, and incline thine eare;
forget also thine owne people, and thy fathers house.
- So shall the king greatly desire thy beautie: for he is thy Lord, and worship thou him.
- And the daughter of Tyre shall be there with a gift, euen the rich among the people shall intreate thy fauour.
- The kings daughter is all glorious within;
her clothing is of wrought gold.
- She shall bee brought vnto the king in raiment of needle worke: the virgins her companions that followe her, shall be brought vnto thee.
- With gladnesse and reioycing shall they be brought: they shall enter into the kings palace.
- In stead of thy fathers shall bee thy children, whom thou mayest make princes in all the earth.
- I will make thy name to bee remembred in all generations: therefore shall the people praise thee for euer and euer.