- [To the chiefe musician vpon Nehiloth,
A Psalme of Dauid.]
- Giue eare to my words, O Lord, consider my meditation.
- Hearken vnto the voice of my crie, my King, and my God: for vnto thee will I pray.
- My voyce shalt thou heare in the morning, O Lord;
in the morning will I direct my prayer vnto thee, and will looke vp.
- For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickednesse: neither shall euill dwell with thee.
- The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest al workers of iniquity
- Thou shalt destroy them that speake leasing: the Lord will abhorre the bloodie and deceitfull man.
- But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy feare will I worship toward thy holy temple.
- Lead me O Lord, in thy righteousnesse, because of mine enemies;
make thy way straight before my face.
- For there is no faithfulnes in their mouth, their inward part is very wickednesse: their throat is an open sepulchre, they flatter with their tongue.
- Destroy thou them, O God, let them fall by their owne counsels: cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions, for they haue rebelled against thee.
- But let all those that put their trust in thee, reioyce: let them euer shout for ioy;
because thou defendest them: let them also that loue thy name, be ioyfull in thee.
- For thou, Lord, wilt blesse the righteous: with fauour wilt thou compasse him as with a shield.