- [To the chiefe musician vpon Mahalath,
A Psalme of Dauid.]
- The foole hath sayde in his heart, There is no god;
Corrupt are they, and haue done abhominable iniquitie;
there is none that doth good.
- God looked downe from heauen vpon the children of men, to see if there were any that did vnderstand, that did seeke God.
- Euery one of them is gone backe, they are altogether become filthy: there is none that doth good, no not one.
- Haue the workers of iniquitie no knowledge?
who eate vp my people, as they eate bread;
they haue not called vpon God.
- There were they in great feare, where no feare was: for God hath scattered the bones of him that incampeth against thee, thou hast put them to shame, because God hath despised them.
- O that the saluation of Israel were come out of Sion!
when God bringeth backe the captiuitie of his people, Iaakob shall reioyce, and Israel shall be glad.