- [To the chiefe musician vpon Ionath Elem Rechokim,
Michtam of Dauid,
when the Philistines tooke him in Gath.]
- Be mercifull vnto mee, O God, for man would swallow me vp: he fighting daily, oppresseth me.
- Mine enemies would dayly swallow me vp: for they bee many that fight against me, O thou most high.
- What time I am afraide, I will trust in thee.
- In God I will praise his worde, In God I haue put my trust, I will not feare what flesh can doe vnto me.
- Euery day they wrest my words: all their thoughts are against mee for euill.
- They gather themselues together;
they hide themselues, they marke my steps when they wait for my soule.
- Shall they escape by iniquitie?
in thine anger cast downe the people, O God.
- Thou tellest my wanderings, put thou my teares into thy bottle: are they not in thy booke?
- When I crie vnto thee, then shall mine enemies turne backe: this I know, for God is for me.
- In God will I praise his word: in the Lord will I praise his word.
- In God haue I put my trust: I will not bee afraid what man can doe vnto me.
- Thy vowes are vpon me, O God: I will render praises vnto thee.
- For thou hast deliuered my soule from death: wilt not thou deliuer my feet from falling?
that I may walke before God in the light of the liuing.