- [To the chiefe musician Al-taschith,
Michtam of Dauid.]
- Doe yee indeed speake righteousnesse, O congregation?
doe ye iudge vprightly, O ye sonnes of men?
- Yea, in heart you worke wickednesse;
you waigh the violence of your hands in the earth.
- The wicked are estranged from the wombe, they goe astray as soone as they be borne, speaking lies.
- Their poison is like the poyson of a serpent;
they are like the deafe adder that stoppeth her eare:
- Which will not hearken to the voyce of charmers, charming neuer so wisely.
- Breake their teeth, O God, in their mouth: breake out the great teeth of the young lyons, O Lord.
- Let them melt away as waters, which runne continually: When he bendeth his bow to shoote his arrowes, let them be as cut in pieces.
- As a snaile which melteth, let euery one of them passe away: like the vntimely birth of a woman, that they may not see the sunne.
- Before your pots can feele the thornes, he shall take them away as with a whirlewind, both liuing, and in his wrath.
- The righteous shall reioyce when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feete in the blood of the wicked.
- So that a man shall say, Uerily there is a reward for the righteous: verily hee is a God that iudgeth in the earth.