- [To the chiefe musician on Neginoth vpon Sheminith,
A Psalme of Dauid.]
- O Lord, rebuke me not in thine anger, neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure.
- Haue mercy vpon me, O Lord, for I am weake: O Lord heale mee, for my bones are vexed.
- My soule is also sore vexed: but thou, O Lord, how long?
- Returne, O Lord, deliuer my soule: oh saue mee, for thy mercies sake.
- For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the graue who shall giue thee thankes?
- I am weary with my groning, all the night make I my bed to swim: I water my couch with my teares.
- Mine eie is consumed because of griefe;
it waxeth olde because of all mine enemies.
- Depart from me, all yee workers of iniquitie: for the Lord hath heard the voice of my weeping.
- The Lord hath heard my supplication;
the Lord will receiue my prayer.
- Let all mine enemies be ashamed and sore vexed: let them returne and be ashamed suddainly.