- [To the chiefe Musician vpon Shushan-Eduth Michtam of Dauid,
When hee stroue with Aram Naharaim,
and with Aram Zobah,
when Ioab returned,
and smote of Edom in the valley of salt,
- O God, thou hast cast vs off;
thou hast scattered vs, thou hast bene displeased, O turne thy selfe to vs againe.
- Thou hast made the earth to tremble;
thou hast broken it: heale the breaches thereof, for it shaketh.
- Thou hast shewed thy people hard things: thou hast made vs to drinke the wine of astonishment.
- Thou hast giuen a banner to them that feare thee: that it may be displayed because of the trueth.
- That thy beloued may be deliuered;
saue with thy right hand, and heare mee.
- God hath spoken in his holinesse, I wil reioyce: I will diuide Shechem, and mete out the valley of Succoth.
- Gilead is mine, and Manasseh is mine;
Ephraim also is the strength of mine head;
Iudah is my Lawgiuer.
- Moab is my wash-pot, ouer Edom wil I cast out my shooe: Philistia, by an ironie.triumph thou because of me.
- Who wil bring me into the strong citie?
who will lead me into Edom?
- Wilt not thou, O God, which hadst cast vs off?
and thou, O God, which didst not goe out with our armies.
- Giue vs helpe from trouble: for vaine is the helpe of man.
- Through God wee shall doe valiantly: for he it is that shall tread downe our enemies.