- [A Psalme of Dauid,
when hee was in the wildernesse of Iudah.]
- O God, thou art my God, earely will I seeke thee: my soule thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee, in a drie and thirstie lande, where no water is:
- To see thy power and thy glory, so as I haue seen thee in the Sanctuary.
- Because thy louing kindnes is better then life: my lips shal praise thee.
- Thus will I blesse thee, while I liue: I will lift vp my handes in thy Name.
- My soule shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatnesse: and my mouth shall praise thee with ioyfull lips:
- When I remember thee vpon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.
- Because thou hast bene my helpe;
therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I reioyce.
- My soule followeth hard after thee: thy right hand vpholdeth me.
- But those that seeke my soule to destroy it, shall goe into the lower parts of the earth.
- They shall fall by the sword: they shall be a portion for foxes.
- But the King shal reioyce in God;
euery one that sweareth by him shall glorie: but the mouth of them that speake lies, shall be stopped.