- [To the chiefe musician,
a song or Psalme.]
- Make a ioyfull noise vnto God, all yee lands.
- Sing forth the honour of his name: make his praise glorious.
- Say vnto God, How terrible art thou in thy workes?
through the greatnesse of thy power shall thine enemies submit themselues vnto thee.
- All the earth shall worship thee;
and shall sing vnto thee, they shall sing to thy name;
- Come and see the workes of God: he is terrible in his doing toward the children of men.
- He turned the sea into dry land: they went through the flood on foote, there did we reioyce in him.
- He ruleth by his power for euer, his eyes behold the nations: let not the rebellious exalt themselues.
- O blesse our God, yee people, and make the voice of his praise to be heard.
- Which holdeth our soule in life, and suffereth not our feete to be moued.
- For thou, O God, hast proued vs: thou hast tried vs, as siluer is tryed.
- Thou broughtest vs into the net;
thou layedst affliction vpon our loynes.
- Thou hast caused men to ride ouer our heads, we went through fire, and through water: but thou broughtest vs out into a wealthy place.
- I will goe into thy house, with burnt offerings: I will pay thee my vowes,
- Which my lips haue vttered, and my mouth hath spoken, when I was in trouble.
- I will offer vnto thee burnt sacrifices of fatlings, with the incense of rammes: I will offer bullockes with goates.
- Come and heare all ye that feare God, and I will declare what he hath done for my soule.
- I cried vnto him with my mouth: and he was extolled with my tongue.
- If I regard iniquitie in my heart: the Lord will not heare me.
- But verily God hath heard mee;
hee hath attended to the voice of my prayer.
- Blessed bee God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercie from me.