- [Shiggaion of Dauid;
which he sang vnto the Lord concerning the words of Cush the Beniamite.]
- O Lord, my God, in thee doe I put my trust: saue me from all them that persecute me, and deliuer me.
- Least hee teare my soule like a lyon, renting it in pieces, while there is none to deliuer.
- O Lord my God, if I haue done this;
if there be iniquitie in my hands:
- If I haue rewarded euill vnto him that was at peace with me: (yea I haue deliuered him that without cause is mine enemie.)
- Let the enemie persecute my soule, and take it, yea let him tread downe my life vpon the earth, and lay mine honour in the dust.
- Arise, O Lord, in thine anger, lift vp thy selfe, because of the rage of mine enemies: and awake for me to the iudgement that thou hast commanded.
- So shall the congregation of the people compasse thee about: for their sakes therefore returne thou on high.
- The Lord shal iudge the people: iudge me, O Lord, according to my righteousnesse, and according to mine integritie that is in me.
- Oh let the wickednes of the wicked come to an end, but establish the iust: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reines.
- My defence is of God, which saueth the vpright in heart.
- God iudgeth the righteous, and God is angrie with the wicked euery-day.
- If he turne not, he will whet his sword;
he hath bent his bowe, and made it ready.
- He hath also prepared for him the instruments of death;
he ordaineth his arrowes against the persecutors.
- Behold, he trauelleth with iniquitie, and hath conceiued mischiefe, and brought forth falshood.
- He made a pit and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made.
- His mischiefe shall returne vpon his owne head, and his violent dealing shall come downe vpon his owne pate.
- I will praise the Lord according to his righteousnesse: and will sing praise to the name of the Lord most high.