- [To the chiefe musician Al-taschith,
A Psalme or song of Asaph.]
- Unto thee, O God, doe we giue thankes, vnto thee doe we giue thanks: for that thy name is nere, thy wonderous works declare.
- When I shall receiue the congregation, I will iudge vprightly.
- The earth and all the inhabitants thereof are dissolued: I beare vp the pillars of it.
- I said vnto the fooles, Deale not foolishly: and to the wicked, Lift not vp the horne.
- Lift not vp your horne on high: speake not with a stiffe necke.
- For promotion commeth neither from the East, nor from the West, nor from the South.
- But God is the iudge: he putteth downe one, and setteth vp another.
- For in the hand of the Lord there is a cup, and the wine is red: it is full of mixture, and he powreth out of the same: but the dregges thereof all the wicked of the earth shall wring them out, and drinke them.
- But I will declare for euer;
I will sing praises to the God of Iacob.
- All the hornes of the wicked also will I cut off;
but the hornes of the righteous shall be exalted.