- [To the chiefe musician on Neginoth,
a Psalme or song of Asaph.]
- In Iudah is God knowen: his name is great in Israel.
- In Salem also is his tabernacle, and his dwelling place in Sion.
- There brake he the arrowes of the bowe, the shield, and the sword, and the battell.
- Thou art more glorious and excellent then the mountaines of pray.
- The stout hearted are spoiled, they haue slept their sleepe: and none of the men of might haue found their hands.
- At thy rebuke, O God of Iacob, both the chariot and horse are cast into a dead sleepe.
- Thou, euen thou art to be feared;
and who may stand in thy sight when once thou art angry?
- Thou didst cause iudgement to be heard from heauen: the earth feared and was still,
- When God arose to iudgement, to saue all the meeke of the earth.
- Surely the wrath of man shall praise thee: the remainder of wrath shalt thou restraine.
- Uowe, and pay vnto the Lord your God;
let all that be round about him bring presents vnto him that ought to be feared.
- Hee shall cut off the spirit of princes: hee is terrible to the kings of the earth.