- [A song or Psalme for the sonnes of Korah,
to the chiefe Musician vpon Mahalath Leannoth,
Maschil of Heman the Ezrahite.]
- O Lord God of my saluation, I haue cried day and night before thee.
- Let my prayer come before thee: incline thine eare vnto my cry.
- For my soule is full of troubles: and my life draweth nigh vnto the graue.
- I am counted with them that go downe into the pit: I am as a man that hath no strength.
- Free among the dead, like the slaine that lie in the graue, whom thou remembrest no more: and they are cut off from thy hand.
- Thou hast laid me in the lowest pit: in darkenesse, in the deepes.
- Thy wrath lieth hard vpon me: and thou hast afflicted me with all thy waues.
- Thou hast put away mine acquaintance farre from mee: thou hast made me an abomination vnto them: I am shut vp, and I cannot come forth.
- Mine eye mourneth by reason of affliction, Lord, I haue called daily vpon thee: I haue stretched out my hands vnto thee.
- Wilt thou shew wonders to the dead?
shal the dead arise and praise thee?
- Shall thy louing kindnesse be declared in the graue?
or thy faithfulnesse in destruction?
- Shall thy wonders be knowen in the darke?
and thy righteousnesse in the land of forgetfulnesse?
- But vnto thee haue I cried, O Lord, and in the morning shall my prayer preuent thee.
- Lord, why castest thou off my soule?
why hidest thou thy face from me?
- I am afflicted and ready to die, from my youth vp: while I suffer thy terrours, I am distracted.
- Thy fierce wrath goeth ouer me: thy terrours haue cut me off.
- They came round about mee daily like water: they compassed mee about together.
- Louer and friend hast thou put farre from me: and mine acquaintance into darkenesse.