- [To the chiefe musician vpon MuthLabben.
A Psalme of Dauid.]
- I wil praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart: I will shewe foorth all thy maruellous workes.
- I will bee glad and reioyce in thee: I will sing prayse to thy name, O thou most High.
- When mine enemies are turned backe, they shall fall and perish at thy presence.
- For thou hast maintained my right, and my cause: thou satest in the throne iudging right.
- Thou hast rebuked the heathen, thou hast destroyed the wicked;
thou hast put out their name for euer and euer.
- O thou enemie, destructions are come to a perpetuall end;
and thou hast destroyed cities, their memoriall is perished with them.
- But the Lord shall endure for euer: he hath prepared his throne for iudgement.
- And hee shall iudge the world in righteousnesse;
he shall minister iudgement to the people in vprightnesse.
- The Lord also will bee a refuge for the oppressed: a refuge, in times of trouble.
- And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou Lord hast not forsaken them that seeke thee.
- Sing praises to the Lord, which dwelleth in Sion: declare among the people his doings.
- When he maketh inquisition for blood, he remembreth them: he forgetteth not the crie of the humble.
- Haue mercie vpon me O Lord, consider my trouble which I suffer of them that hate me, thou that liftest mee vp from the gates of death:
- That I may shew foorth all thy prayse in the gates of the daughter of Sion: I will reioyce in thy saluation.
- The heathen are sunke downe in the pit that they made: in the net which they hid, is their own foot taken.
- The Lord is knowen by the iudgement which he executeth: the wicked is snared in the worke of his owne hands.
- The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.
- For the needie shall not alway be forgotten: the expectation of the poore shall not perish for euer.
- Arise, O Lord, let not man preuaile: let the heathen bee iudged in thy sight.
- Put them in feare, O Lord: that the nations may know themselues to be but men.