- I commend vnto you Phebe our sister, which is a seruant of the Church which is at Cenchrea:
- That ye receiue her in the Lord as becommeth Saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoeuer businesse she hath need of you: for she hath beene a succourer of many, and of my selfe also.
- Greete Priscilla and Aquila, my helpers in Christ Iesus:
- (Who haue for my life laid downe their owne neckes: vnto whome not onely I giue thankes, but also all the Churches of the Gentiles.)
- Likewise greet the Church that is in their house.
Salute my welbeloued Epenetus, who is the first fruits of Achaia vnto Christ.
- Greete Marie, who bestowed much labour on vs.
- Salute Andronicus and Iunia my kinsmen, and my fellow prisoners, who are of note among the Apostles, who also were in Christ before me.
- Greet Amplias my beloued in the Lord.
- Salute Urbane our helper in Christ, and Stachys my beloued.
- Salute Appelles approoued in Christ.
Salute them which are of Aristobulus houshold.
- Salute Herodion my kinsman.
Greet them that be of the houshold of Narcissus, which are in the Lord.
- Salute Tryphena and Tryphosa, who labour in the Lord.
Salute the beloued Persis, which laboured much in the Lord.
- Salute Rufus chosen in the Lord, and his mother and mine.
- Salute Asyncritus, Phlegon, Hermas, Patrobas, Hermes, and the brethren which are with them.
- Salute Philologus & Iulia, Nereus, and his sister, and Olympas, and all the Saints which are with them.
- Salute one another with an holy kisse.
The Churches of Christ salute you.
- Now I beseech you, brethren, marke them which cause diuisions and offences, contrary to the doctrine which ye haue learned, and auoide them.
- For they that are such, serue not our Lord Iesus Christ, but their owne belly, and by good wordes and faire speeches deceiue the hearts of the simple.
- For your obedience is come abroad vnto all men.
I am glad therefore on your behalfe: but yet I would haue you wise vnto that which is good, and simple concerning euill.
- And the God of peace shal bruise Satan vnder your feete shortly.
The grace of our Lord Iesus Christ be with you.
- Timotheus my worke-fellow, and Lucius, and Iason, and Sosipater my kinsemen salute you.
- I Tertius who wrote this Epistle, salute you in the Lord.
- Gaius mine hoste, and of the whole Church, saluteth you.
Erastus the Chamberlaine of the citie saluteth you, and Quartus a brother.
- The grace of our Lord Iesus Christ be with you all.
- Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my Gospel, and the preaching of Iesus Christ, according to the reuelation of the the mysterie, which was kept secret since the world began:
- But now is made manifest, and by the Scriptures of the Prophets according to the commandement of the euerlasting God, made knowen to all nations for the obedience of faith,
- To God, onely wise, bee glorie through Iesus Christ, for euer.
Amen.Written to the Romanes from Corinthus, and sent by Phebe seruant of the Church at Cenchrea.