- And he shewed me Ioshua the high Priest, standing before the Angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.
- And the Lord said vnto Satan;
The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan, euen the Lord that hath chosen Ierusalem rebuke thee.
Is not this a brand pluckt out of the fire?
- Now Ioshua was clothed with filthie garments, and stood before the Angel.
- And he answered, and spake vnto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthie garments from him.
And vnto him he said, Behold, I haue caused thine iniquity to passe from thee, and I wil clothe thee with change of raiment.
- And I said, Let them set a faire mitre vpon his head.
So they set a faire mitre vpon his head, and clothed him with garments, and the Angel of the Lord stood by.
- And the Angel of the Lord protested vnto Ioshua, saying;
- Thus sayth the Lord of hosts, If thou wilt walke in my wayes, and if thou wilt keepe my charge, then thou shalt also iudge my House, and shalt also keepe my Courts, and I will giue thee places to walke among these that stand by.
- Heare now, O Ioshua the high Priest, thou and thy fellowes that sit before thee: for they are men wondred at: for behold, I will bring foorth my seruant the Branch.
- For behold the stone that I haue layd before Ioshua: vpon one stone shall be seuen eyes, behold, I will engraue the grauing thereof, saith the Lord of hostes, and I will remoue the iniquitie of that land in one day.
- In that day, saith the Lord of hostes, shal ye call euery man his neighbour vnder the vine and vnder the figge tree.