- Set the trumpet to thy mouth.
He shall come as an eagle against the house of the LORD, because they have transgressed my covenant, and trespassed against my law.
- Israel shall cry unto me, My God, we know thee.
- Israel hath cast off the thing that is good: the enemy shall pursue him.
- They have set up kings, but not by me: they have made princes, and I knew it not: of their silver and their gold have they made them idols, that they may be cut off.
- Thy calf, O Samaria, hath cast thee off;
mine anger is kindled against them: how long will it be ere they attain to innocency?
- For from Israel was it also: the workman made it;
therefore it is not God: but the calf of Samaria shall be broken in pieces.
- For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind: it hath no stalk: the bud shall yield no meal: if so be it yield, the strangers shall swallow it up.
- Israel is swallowed up: now shall they be among the Gentiles as a vessel wherein is no pleasure.
- For they are gone up to Assyria, a wild ass alone by himself: Ephraim hath hired lovers.
- Yea, though they have hired among the nations, now will I gather them, and they shall sorrow a little for the burden of the king of princes.
- Because Ephraim hath made many altars to sin, altars shall be unto him to sin.
- I have written to him the great things of my law, but they were counted as a strange thing.
- They sacrifice flesh for the sacrifices of mine offerings, and eat it;
but the LORD accepteth them not;
now will he remember their iniquity, and visit their sins: they shall return to Egypt.
- For Israel hath forgotten his Maker, and buildeth temples;
and Judah hath multiplied fenced cities: but I will send a fire upon his cities, and it shall devour the palaces thereof.