- A Psalm of David.
- LORD, I cry unto thee: make haste unto me;
give ear unto my voice, when I cry unto thee.
- Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense;
and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.
- Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth;
keep the door of my lips.
- Incline not my heart to any evil thing, to practise wicked works with men that work iniquity: and let me not eat of their dainties.
- Let the righteous smite me;
it shall be a kindness: and let him reprove me;
it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head: for yet my prayer also shall be in their calamities.
- When their judges are overthrown in stony places, they shall hear my words;
for they are sweet.
- Our bones are scattered at the grave’s mouth, as when one cutteth and cleaveth wood upon the earth.
- But mine eyes are unto thee, O GOD the Lord: in thee is my trust;
leave not my soul destitute.
- Keep me from the snares which they have laid for me, and the gins of the workers of iniquity.
- Let the wicked fall into their own nets, whilst that I withal escape.