- To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.
- Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the LORD will deliver him in time of trouble.
- The LORD will preserve him, and keep him alive;
and he shall be blessed upon the earth: and thou wilt not deliver him unto the will of his enemies.
- The LORD will strengthen him upon the bed of languishing: thou wilt make all his bed in his sickness.
- I said, LORD, be merciful unto me: heal my soul;
for I have sinned against thee.
- Mine enemies speak evil of me, When shall he die, and his name perish?
- And if he come to see me, he speaketh vanity: his heart gathereth iniquity to itself;
when he goeth abroad, he telleth it.
- All that hate me whisper together against me: against me do they devise my hurt.
- An evil disease, say they, cleaveth fast unto him: and now that he lieth he shall rise up no more.
- Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me.
- But thou, O LORD, be merciful unto me, and raise me up, that I may requite them.
- By this I know that thou favourest me, because mine enemy doth not triumph over me.
- And as for me, thou upholdest me in mine integrity, and settest me before thy face for ever.
- Blessed be the LORD God of Israel from everlasting, and to everlasting.
Amen, and Amen.