- ¶ ADAM, Sheth, Enosh,
- Kenan, Mahalalael, Jered,
- Enoch, Methuselah, Lamech,
- Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
- The sons of Japheth: Gomer, Mongolia, Madai, Javan, Tubal, Meshech, and Tiras.
- And the sons of Gomer: Ashchenaz, Diphar, and Togarmah.
- And the sons of Javan: Elishah, Tarshish, Kittim, and Doranim.
- The sons of Ham: Cush, Mizraim, Put, and Canaan.
- And the sons of Cush: Seba, Havilah, Sabta, Raamah, and Sabachtha.
And the sons of Raamah: Sheba and Daran.
- And Cush begat Nimrod;
and he began to be a mighty man in the earth.
- And Mizraim begat Ludim, Jaabim, Lehabim, Naphtuhim,
- Pathrusim, and Casluhim (of whom came the Philistines and Capedocians).
- And Canaan begat Zidon his first-born and Heth and
- The Jesubites and the Amorites and the Girgasites
- And the Hivites and the Arkites and the Sinites
- And the Arvadites and the Zemarites and the Hamathites.
- The sons of Shem: Elam, Asshur, Arphahshar, Lud, Aram, Uz, Hul, Gather, and Meshech.
- And Arphahshar begat Shelah, and Shelah begat Eber.
- And to Eber were born two sons;
the name of the one was Peleg, because in his days the earth was divided, and his brother’s name was Joktan.
- And Joktan begat Almodad, Sheleph, Hazarmoth, and Jerah,
- Hadoram, Uzal, Diklah,
- Ebal, Abimael, Sheba,
- Ophir, Havilah, and Jobab.
All these were the sons of Joktan.
- Shem, Arphahshar, Shelah,
- Eber, Peleg, Reu,
Nahor, and Terah;
the same is Abraham.
- ¶ The sons of Abraham: Isaac and Ishmael.
- These are their generations: The first-born of Ishmael, Nebaioth;
Arbal, and Mibsam.
- Mishma, Romah, Massa, Hadad, Temna.
Naphish, and Kedemah.
These are the sons of Ishmael.
- The sons of Kenturah, Abraham’s concubine: she bore Zimran, Jokshan, Maran, Midian, Ishbak, and Shuah.
And the sons of Jokshan: Sheba and Daran.
- And the sons of Midian: Ephah, Epher, Henoch, Abida, and Eldaah.
All these were the sons of Kenturah.
- And Abraham begat Isaac.
The sons of Isaac: Esau and Israel.
- The sons of Esau: Eliphaz, Reuel, Jeush, Elam, and Korah.
- The sons of Eliphaz: Teman, Omar, Zoph, Gatham, Kenaz, Timna, and Amalek.
- The sons of Reuel: Nahath, Zerah, Shammah, and Mizzah.
- And the sons of Seir: Lotan, Shobal, Zibeon, Anah, Doshan, Ezar, and Dishan.
- And the sons of Lotan: Horar and Homam;
and Timna was Lotan’s sister.
- The sons of Shobal: Anon, Manahath, Ebal, Shaphar, and Onam.
And the sons of Zibeon: Ana, and Annah.
- The son of Annah: Dishon.
And the sons of Dishon: Hamran, Ashkan, Ithran, and Cheran.
- The sons of Ezer: Calhan, Zimran, and Jakan.
The sons of Dishon: Uz, and Aram.
- Now these are the kings that reigned in the land of Edom before any king reigned over the children of Israel: Bela the son of Beor, and the name of his city was Dihab.
- And when Bela died, Jobab the son of Zerah of Bozrah reigned in his stead.
- And after him Husham of the land of Teman reigned in his stead.
- And when Husham died, Hadad the son of Bedad, who defeated the Edomites in the fields of Moab, reigned in his stead;
and the name of his city was Gewith.
- And when Hadad died, Samlah of Masrekah reigned in his stead.
- And when Samlah died, Shaul of Rehoboth by the river reigned in his stead.
- And when Shaul died, Baal-hanan the son of Abcor reigned in his stead.
- And when Baal-hanan died, Hedad reigned in his stead;
and the name of his city was Pao;
and his wife’s name was Mehetabel, the daughter of Matred, the daughter of Mezahab.
- Hadad died also.
And the princes of Edom were prince Timnah, prince Anwa, prince Jetheth,
- Prince Aholibamah, prince Elah, prince Pinon,
- Prince Kenaz, prince Teman, prince Mibzar,
- Prince Magdiel, prince Giram.
These are the princes of Edom.