- ¶ So they brought the ark of the LORD and set it in its place in the tent that David had pitched for it;
and they offered burnt offerings and peace offerings before the ark of the LORD.
- And when David had finished offering the burnt offerings and the peace offerings, he blessed the people of Israel in the name of the LORD of hosts.
- And he distributed to all the people of Israel, both men and women and young men and the little ones, to every one a loaf of bread, a portion of meat, and a fine white loaf.
Then all the people went away, every one to his own house.
- And he appointed certain of the Levites to minister before the ark of the LORD and to invoke and to thank and to praise the LORD God of Israel:
- Asaph the chief, and second to him Zechariah, also Jeiel, Jehiel, Mattitha, Eliab, Benaiah, Asaph, Amminadab, Asaph, Nahaziel, and Asaph.
- These were all the priests who sounded with trumpets continually before the ark of the LORD.
- ¶ Then on that day David delivered this psalm, both he and the chiefs of all the priests and the Levites to praise the LORD, in the company of Asaph and his brethren.
These are the headings of the songs which David sang on that day before the ark of the LORD:
- Give thanks to the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the peoples.
- Sing to him, give thanks to him, tell of all his wondrous works.
- Glory in his holy name;
let the heart of those who seek the LORD rejoice.
- Seek the LORD and his strength, pray before him continually.
- Remember his marvellous works that he has done, his wonders and the judgments of his mouth,
- O you descendants of Abraham his servant, children of Jacob, his chosen ones.
- He is the LORD our God;
his laws are in all the earth.
- Be mindful of his covenant for ever, the word which he commanded to a thousand generations,
- Even his oath to Abraham and the covenant which he made with the sons of Isaac;
- And he has confirmed the same to Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant,
- Saying, To you I will give the land of Canaan, the lot of your inheritance;
- When you were but few, even a few in numbers and strangers in it.
- And when you were carried away captive from nation to nation and from kingdom to another kingdom,
- He permitted not the rulers to harm you, yea, he chastened kings for your sakes,
- Saying, Touch not my anointed ones and do my prophets no harm.
- Sing to the LORD, all the earth;
show forth from day to day his salvation.
- Declare his glory among the nations;
- For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised;
and he is to be revered above all kings.
- For all the gods of the Gentiles are images;
but the LORD made the heavens.
- Glory and majesty are in his presence;
strength and greatness are in his sanctuary.
- Give thanks to the LORD, O families of the peoples, give thanks before the LORD due to his glory and strength.
- Give thanks to the LORD with the honor due to his name;
bring offerings, and give thanks before him with the prayer of your mouth;
worship the LORD with holy songs.
- Tremble before him all the earth;
the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved.
- Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice;
and let men say among the nations, The LORD reigns.
- Let the sea roar and the fulness thereof;
let the fields rejoice, and all that is therein.
- Then shall the trees of the forest sing praises at the presence of the LORD because he comes to judge the earth.
He shall judge the world with justice, and reprove the peoples in faithfulness;
- Say also, O give thanks to the LORD;
for he is good;
for his mercy endures for ever.
- Save us, O LORD, save us and gather us together, and bring us back from among the nations, that we may give thanks to thy holy name, and glory in thy praises.
- Blessed be the LORD God of Israel for ever and ever.
Then all the people shall say, Amen;
and with a pleasant and pure mouth, let them praise their God.
- ¶ So he left there before the ark of the covenant of the LORD, Asaph and his brethren, to minister before the LORD continually, each man working in his appointed day;
- And Ober-edom with his brethren, sixty-eight;
Ober-edom the junior, the son of Jotham, and Haso.
All of these were keepers of the outer gates;
- And Zadok the priest, and his brethren the priests, these were all priests who ministered before the tabernacle of the LORD with a great joy in the town of Gibeon,
- To offer burnt offerings to the LORD upon the altar of the burnt offering continually morning and evening, and to do according to all that is written in the law of the LORD, which he gave by the hand of Moses to teach to the children of Israel;
- And these are the names of the men who stood up singing praises: Haman, Ariton, and the rest of the righteous men whose names were not expressed by name, to give thanks to the LORD because his mercy endures for ever;
- And these righteous men gave thanks not with the instruments of singing, neither with the tambourines nor with the timbrels nor with the curved trumpets nor with the straight trumpets nor with the cymbals, but with a pleasant mouth and with pure and perfect prayer and with righteousness and with purity to the LORD God of hosts, the God of Israel.
- Then David dismissed the people, and they went every man to his own house;
and David returned to bless his household.