- ¶ THESE are the sons of Israel: Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, Zebulun,
- Dan, Joseph, Benjamin, Naphtali, Gad, and Asher.
- The sons of Judah: Er, Onan, and Shelah;
these three were born to him of Bathshua the Canaanitess.
And Er, the first-born of Judah, was wicked in the sight of the LORD;
and he slew him.
- And Tamar his daughter-in-law bore him Pharez and Zerah.
All the sons of Judah were five.
- The sons of Pharez: Hezron and Hamul.
- And the sons of Zerah: Zimri, Ethan, Haman, Calcol, Darda;
five of them in all.
- And the son of Carmi: Achar, the troubler of Israel, who transgressed in the thing dedicated.
- And the son of Ethan: Azariah.
- The sons of Hezron that were born to him: Rahmael, Ram, and Salbai.
- And Ram begat Amminadab;
and Amminadab begat Nahshon, prince of the children of Judah;
- And Nahshon begat Salma;
and Salma begat Boaz;
- And Boaz begat Obed;
and Obed begat Jesse;
- And Jesse begat his first-born Eliab, and Abinadab the second, and Shimma the third,
- Nathanael the fourth, Darai the fifth,
- Ozem the sixth, Eliho the seventh, and David the eighth,
- Whose sisters were Zuriah and Abigail.
And the sons of Zuriah: Abishai, Joab, and Ashail, three.
- And Abigail bore Amasa;
and the father of Amasa was Jether.
- ¶ And Caleb the son of Hezron begat Jedioth of Arubah his wife, and these were her sons: Asher, Jobab, and Adon.
- And when Arubah died, Caleb took to him Ephrath, who bore him Hur.
- And Hur begat Uri, and Uri begat Bezaliel.
- And afterward Hezron went in to the daughter of Machir the father of Gilead, whom he married when he was sixty years old;
and she bore him Segub.
- And Segub begat Jair, who had twenty-three towns in the land of Gilead.
- And after that Hezron was dead in Caleb’s land, Ephrath, then his wife, bore him Eshtawir the father of Tekoa.
- And the sons of Jerahmeel the first-born of Hezron were Aram the first-born and Banah, Aran, and Azam their sister.
- Jerahmeel had also another wife, whose name was Atarah;
she was the mother of Onam.
- And the sons of Aram the first-born of Jerahmeel were Maaz, Nabin, and Aotar.
- And the sons of Onam were Sabai, and Jada.
And the sons of Sabai: Nadab and Abishur.
- And the name of the wife of Abishur was Abihail, and she bore him Ahban and Molid.
- And the sons of Nadab: Seled and Pelarim;
but Seled died without children.
- And the son of Pelarim was Isaiah.
And the son of Isaiah: Shushan;
and the son of Shushan: Ahlai.
- And the sons of Jehoiada the brother of Sabai: Jether and Jonathan;
and Jether died without children.
- And the sons of Jonathan: Lapath and Aoza.
These were the sons of Jerahmeel.
- Now Shushan had no sons, but daughters.
And Shushan had a son-in-law from Mizra, whose name was Jardaha.
- And Shushan had given him his daughter to wife;
and she bore him Attai.
- And Attai begat Nathan, and Nathan begat Dabir,
- And Dabir begat Ephil, and Ephil begat Jobab,
- And Jobab begat Jehu, and Jehu begat Azariah,
- And Azariah begat Helez, and Helez begat Eleasah,
- And Eleasah begat Samsai, and Samsai begat Shallum,
- And Shallum begat Elkamiah, and Elkamiah begat Elishama.
- Now the sons of Caleb the brother of Jerahmeel were Elishmai his first-born, who was the father of Ziph;
- And the sons of Mareshah the father of Hebron were Korah, Tappuah, Rakim, and Shema.
- And Shema begat Raham, the father of Jorkoam;
and Jorkoam begat Samai.
- And Auphnah, Caleb’s concubine, bore Horan,
- And Horan begat Gozan.
- And the son of Shammai was Maon;
and Maon was the father of Bethzur.
- And the sons of Jahdai: Regem and Jotham and Gesham and Pelet and Ephah and Shaaph.
- Maachah, Caleb’s concubine, bore Sheber and Tirhanah.
- She bore also Shaaph the father of Madmannah, Sheva the father of Machbenah, and the father of Gibea;
and the daughter of Caleb was Achsa.
- These were the sons of Caleb the son of Hur, the first-born of Ephratah: Shobal, who was born in Kirjath-narin;
- Samla, who was born in Bethlehem;
and Abi, who was born in Gader.
- And sons were born to Shobal in Kirjath-narin;
namely, Atroth, Jobal, Hazri,
- Sepharvim, Netophath, Samla, Shemothim, Shechab, and Hama;
- All these sons were born to Shobal in Kirjath-narin.
- And the families of the scribes which dwelt at Jabez: the Tirathites, the Shimeathites, and Suchathites.
These are the Kenites that came of Hemath, the father of the house of Rechab.