- ¶ THESE are the sons of Judah: Pharez, Hezron, Carmi, Hur, and Shobal.
- And Lana the son of Shobal begat Nahath;
and Nahath begat Ahumai and Lahad.
These are the families of Rehoboam.
- And these are the sons of Aminadab: Ahizareel, Neshmah, and Dibash.
- Pegoael and Hoshiah, these are the sons of Hur, the first-born of Ephratah, whose father was of Beth-lehem.
- And Ashur the father of Tekoa had two wives.
- And one of them bore Ahiram, Ephaor, Teman, and Hereshtar.
These were the sons of one of them.
- And the sons of Helah were, Zereth and Jezoar and Ethnan.
- And Coz begat Anub and Zobebah and the families of Aharhel the son of Harum.
- And one of them was dear to his father and to his mother, so they called his name Our Eyes.
- And they said to him, The LORD shall surely bless you and enlarge your territory, and his hand shall be with you and shall deliver you from evil, that it may not have power over you, and he shall grant you that which you request of him.
- ¶ And Caleb the brother of Ahijah begat Mehir, who was the father of Eshton.
- And Eshton begat Tehiah, and Ropha begat Paseah, and Paseah begat Tehiah, and Tehiah begat Jazir.
- These were the sons of Caleb the son of Jophaniah.
The name of his first-born was Elah, and the name of the second was Naam, and the name of the third was Kenaz, and the name of the fourth was Ashiph, and the name of the fifth was Jamoael, and the name of the sixth was Jahrob.
- These are the sons of Caleb the son of Jophaniah.
- And the sons of Ezra were Jether, and Mered and Epher and Jalon;
and she bore Miriam and Shammai and Ishbah the father of Eshtomoa.
- And his wife Jehudijah bore Jered the father of Gedor and Heber the father of Socho and Jekuthiel the father of Zanoah.
And these are the sons of Bithiah the daughter of Pharoah, which Mered took.
- And the sons of his wife Hodiah the sister of Nahom, the father of Keilah the Garmite, and Eshtemoa the Maahathite.
- And the sons of Shimon were, Annon and Rinnah, Benhanan, and Tilon.
And the sons of Ishi were Zoheth and Benzoheth.
- The sons of Shelah the son of Judah were Er, the father of Lecah, and Laadah the father of Mareshah, and the families of the house of them that wrought fine linen, of the house of Ashbea.
- And the sons of Uriah’s wife, the sister of Nahom the father of Keilah, were Zemri, Eshtemoa, Maachat, Eshtma, and Ashimon.
- And the sons of Ashimon were Ammon, Domiah, Zerah, and Shelah.
- These are the sons of Judah: Jemoael, Jamin, Ahar, Jachin, Zahar, Jarib, Zerah, and Saul.
- These are the sons of Shelah.
- ¶ The sons of Simeon were Mibsam his son, Mishma his son,
- Shemati his son, Hamuel his son.
- Zaccai his son, Shimei his son.
- And Shimei had sixteen sons and six daughters;
but his brothers had not many children, neither did all their family multiply until the children of Judah came to dwell with them.
- And they dwelt with them in the towns of Beersheba, in Moladah, and in Darath-Shuah.
- And in Bilhah, Ezem, and Tolad,
- Bansel, Hirmah, Hazar-gadah, Heshmon, Hethpelet, and Zinglag,
- And in Marmeranah and Samsalah.
These were their cities until the reign of David.
- And their villages were Akim, Ekin, Rimmon, Athchen, and Ashan, five cities;
- And all the villages that were round about the same cities of Arkites.
- These were the cities of their habitations, and they became very famous
- And were situated in beautiful locations, and peace and tranquillity reigned round about them.
- These were the names of the princes who were there in their families and in the house of their fathers.
- And they came to the entrance of Geder, as far as the east side of the valley, to seek pasture for their flocks.
- And they found good and rich pasture, and the land was wide and good, and tranquillity and peace there reigned;
- For they who dwelt in it were the first settlers.
- And these written by name came in the days of Hezekiah king of Judah, and destroyed their tents utterly
- And polluted all the springs of water which were there to this day and dwelt in their places, because there was good pasture for their flocks.
- And some of them and some of the sons of Simeon, five hundred men, went to mount Gebel.
These are the names of the men who went as their leaders: Pelatiah, Metitha, Rephaiah, and Uzziel, the four sons of Ishi.
- And they smote the rest of the Amalekites that escaped, and have dwelt in their place to this day.