- ¶ NOW the sons of Issachar were Tola, Puah, Shob, and Shimron, four.
- The sons of Tola: Uzzi, Rephaiah, Joel, Lahmai, Jibsam, and Samuel, heads of their father’s house;
these were the sons of Tola.
They were valiant men of might in their families and their generations, whose number was in the days of David twenty-two thousand and six hundred.
- And the son of Uzzi: Izarhan;
and the sons of Izarhan: Malchael, Obadiah, Joel, and Ishoa, four, all of them chief men.
- And with them by their generations, according to their father’s house, were valiant men of war, thirty-six thousand men;
for they had many wives and sons.
- And their brethren, all the families of Issachar, were valiant men of might, reckoned in all by their genealogy, eighty-seven thousand.
- These are the names of the sons of Benjamin: Bela, Akbar, Ashbel, Gera, Naaman, Ahai, Arosh, Maphai, Hitim, and Adar.
- And the sons of Bela: Ezbon, Uzzi, Uzzaiel, Jermoth, and Azri, five;
heads of the house of their fathers, valiant men of valour;
and were reckoned by their genealogy, twenty-two-thousand and thirty-four.
- And the sons of Akbar: Zemora, Joash, Eliezer, Elioenai, Omri, Jermoth, Abijah, Anathoth, and Alamoth.
All these were the sons of Akbar.
- And their number, according to their genealogy by their generations, heads of the house of their fathers, valiant men, was twenty-two thousand and two hundred.
- And the son of Ashcol: Bilhan;
and the sons of Bilhan: Joash, Benjamin, Ehud, Chenanah, Zethan, Tarshish, and Ahishahar.
- All these were the sons of Ashcol, according to the heads of their fathers, mighty men of valour, seventeen thousand and two hundred soldiers, fit to go out in the army for battle;
- Shaphan, also, and Huphis, the sons of Aod, of the children of Hoshah.
- The sons of Naphtali: Jahziel, Guni, Jezer, and Shallum, the sons of Bilhah.
- The sons of Manasseh: Asarchiel, whom his concubine bore him;
she also bore Machir the father of Gilead;
- And Machir took to wife the daughter of a prince, whose sister’s name was Maachah;
and the name of his eldest brother was Zelophehad;
and Zelophehad had no sons but daughters.
- And Maachah also the mother of Machir bore a son, and she called his name Peresh;
and the name of his brother was Sheresh;
- And the son of Ulam: Rakim, and the son of Rakim, Baran.
These were the sons of Gilead, the son of Machir, the son of Manasseh.
- And his sister Maachah bore Ashhor and Abiezer,
- And Shemirah, Elenon, Shem, and Etham.
- ¶ And the sons of Ephraim: Shuthelah, Bachar his son, Tahath his son, Eladah his son, and Ahath his son,
- And Zabor his son, Shuthelah his son and Lazar his son, whom the men of Gath who were born in the land slew because they came down to take away their wealth.
- And Ephraim their father mourned many days, and his brethren came to comfort him.
- And he went in to his wife, and she conceived and bore a son, and she called his name Beriah, because misfortune had befallen his house.
- (And her daughter escaped in lower and upper Beth-horon.)
- And all those who escaped were healed by her daughter;
for she was a woman physician, and she healed the sick.
- And she also healed Edan the son of Ammihud,
- Of the sons of Nun, the father of Hosea.
- And their possessions and habitations were: Beth-el and its towns and Shechem and its towns and Anath and its towns;
- And by the borders of the children of Manasseh, Beth-sechem and its towns, Taanach and its towns, Megiddo and its towns, and Dor and its towns.
In these cities dwelt the children of Joseph the son of Israel.
- The sons of Asher were Imnah, Ishuah, Ishuai, Beriah, and their sister Sarah.
- And the sons of Beriah: Hepher and Malchiel, who is the father of Birzavith.
- And Hepher begat Phelet, Shomer, Hotham, and Shua their sister.
- And the sons of Phelet: Pasach, Bimhal, and Ashvath.
These are the sons of Phelet: Arah, and Hananaiel.
- And the sons of Shamer: Ahi, Rohgah, Jehubbah, and Aram.
- And the sons of his brother Helem: Zophah and Imna and Shelesh and Amal.
- The sons of Zophah: Suah and Harnepher and Shual and Beri and Imrah,
- Bezer and Hod and Shamma and Shilshah and Ithran and Beera.
- And the sons of Jether: Jophaniah, and Pispah and Ara.
- And the sons of Ulla: Arah and Haniel and Rezia.
- These were the sons of Asher, heads of their father’s house, according to their generations, valiant men, chiefs of the princes.
Their number was reckoned in the army for battle, twenty-six thousand men.