- ¶ IT is reported that immorality is common among you, and such immorality as is not known among pagans, that even a son should take his father’s wife.
- But instead of boasting as you have done, rather had you sat down mourning that he who has done this deed might have been removed from among you.
- For while I am far away from you in body, yet I am near you in spirit, and I have already judged, as though I were present, him who has done this deed.
- In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ gather together, and I will be with you in spirit and with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
- So that you shall deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of his body, in order that the spirit may be saved in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Your boasting is not good.
Do you not know that a little leaven will leaven the whole lump?
- ¶ Clean out therefore the old leaven, so that you may be a new lump, just as you are unleavened.
For our passover is Christ, who was sacrificed for our sake.
- Therefore let us celebrate the festival, not with the old leaven, neither with the leaven of evil and bitterness, but with the leaven of purity and sanctity.
- ¶ I wrote to you in an epistle not to associate with immoral persons.
- I do not mean that you should separate completely from all the immoral people of this world or from the fraudulent and extortioners or from idolaters;
otherwise you would be obliged to leave this world.
- Now what I have written to you is this: you are not to associate with any person who is known as a brother and yet is immoral or fraudulent or an idolater or a railer or a drunkard or an extortioner;
with such a person you must not break bread.
- For what business have I to judge those who are outside the church?
But you may judge those who are within the church.
- God will judge the outsiders.
Therefore, put away from among yourselves those wicked persons.