- ¶ WOULD any of you, having a lawsuit against his brother, venture to go to trial before the wicked rather than before the saints?
- Do you not know that the saints shall judge the world?
And if the world is to be judged by you, are you not worthy to judge small affairs?
- Do you not know that we are to judge angels?
How much more then should we judge those who belong to this world?
- You have worldly affairs to be settled, and yet you have put men of bad reputation in the church on the judgment seat.
- I say this to you to make you feel ashamed.
Is it so, that there is not a single wise man among you who could settle a dispute between brother and brother?
- But brother goes to court against brother, and at that before unbelievers.
- Now, therefore, you are already at fault because you go to court one with another.
Why not rather suffer wrong?
Why not rather let yourselves be defrauded?
- No, you yourselves do wrong, and defraud even your brethren.
- ¶ Do you not know that the wicked shall not inherit the kingdom of God?
Be not misled;
neither the immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor the corrupt nor men who lie with males
- Nor extortioners nor thieves nor drunkards nor railers nor defrauders shall inherit the kingdom of God.
- And some of these evils were to be found in some of you, but you have been cleansed and have been sanctified and made righteous in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and through the Spirit of our God.
- ¶ All things are lawful for me, but all things are not advisable;
indeed all things are lawful for me but I will not be brought under the power of any.
- Food is for the stomach, and the stomach for food;
but God will do away with both of them.
Now the body is not meant for fornication, but for our Lord;
and our Lord for the body.
- And as God has raised our Lord, so he will raise us also by his own power.
- Do you not know that your bodies are the members of Christ?
How then can one take a member of Christ and make it the member of a harlot?
Far be it.
- Or do you not know that he who joins his body to a harlot is one body with her?
For it is said, The two shall become one body.
- But he who unites himself with our Lord becomes one with him in spirit.
- Keep away from fornication.
Every sin that a man commits is outside his body;
but he who commits adultery sins against his own body.
- Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit that dwells within you, which you have of God, and you are not your own?
- For you have been bought with a price;
therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, because they belong to God.