- ¶ I EXHORT the ministers who are among you, for I also am a minister and a witness of the sufferings of Christ and a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed.
- Feed the flock of God which is entrusted to your care and shepherd them spiritually, not by constraint, but willingly;
not for filthy lucre, but with all your heart.
- Live not as overlords over the flock, but as good examples to them.
- And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, you shall receive a crown of glory that will not fade away.
- ¶ And you too, young people, submit yourselves to your elders;
and clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, for God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble.
- Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time,
- Casting all your cares upon God, for he cares for you.
- ¶ Be vigilant and be cautious, because your adversary, the devil, like a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour.
- Rise up, therefore, against him, as you are steadfast in the faith, knowing that your brethren who are in the world also suffered these same afflictions.
- ¶ But the God of all grace, who has called us to his eternal glory by Jesus Christ, whom God has given to us, will strengthen us to endure these little afflictions that we may be made steadfast and remain in him for ever.
- To him be glory and dominion and honour for ever and ever.
- By Silvanus, a faithful brother, I have written you these things briefly according to my opinion, exhorting and testifying that this is the true grace of God wherein you stand.
- The chosen church which is at Babylon and Mark, my son, salute you.
- Greet one another with a holy kiss.
Peace be with you all who are in Christ.