- ¶ NOW the Spirit says expressly that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, following after misleading spirits and doctrines of devils.
- Who with false appearance mislead and speak lies and are seared in their own conscience,
- Who prohibit marriage, and demand abstinence from foods which God has created for use and thanksgiving of those who believe and know the truth.
- For all things created by God are good;
nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,
- For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
- ¶ If you teach these things to the brethren, you will be a good minister of Jesus Christ, brought up by the words of faith and in the good doctrine which you have been taught.
- Refuse foolish and old wives’ fables, and train yourself in righteousness.
- For physical training profits only for a little while;
but righteousness is profitable in all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come.
- This is a true saying and worthy to be accepted.
- Because of this, we both toil and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, especially of those who believe.
- These things command and teach.
- Let no man despise your youth;
but be an example to believers, in word, in behaviour, in love, in faith, and in purity.
- And until I come, strive to study, and continue in prayer and teaching.
- Do not neglect the gift that you have, which was given to you by prophecy and by virtue of the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.
- Meditate upon these things;
give yourself wholly to them, so that it may be known to all that you are progressing.
- Take heed to yourself and to your teachings;
and be firm in them;
for in doing this, you shall both save yourself and those who hear you.