- ¶ AND at the evening Jehoshaphat the king of Judah returned to his house in peace to Jerusalem.
- And Jehu the son of Hanan the seer went out to meet him, and said to King Jehoshaphat, Should you go to help the ungodly, and love those who hate the LORD?
Therefore the LORD is angry with you.
- But I believe good reports have been heard about you, in that you have not shed innocent blood in the land and have prepared your heart to pray before the LORD in truth.
- And Jehoshaphat dwelt at Jerusalem;
and he went out again among the people from the city of Beersheba to mount Ephraim, and brought them back to worship the LORD God of their fathers.
- ¶ And he appointed judges in the land throughout all the fortified cities of Judah and the great cities.
- And he said to the judges, Take heed what you do;
for you judge not for man, but for the LORD our God.
- Therefore be courageous and judge righteously, so that the LORD may be with you for ever;
take heed and do it;
for there is no iniquity with the LORD our God nor respect of persons nor taking of bribes.
- Moreover in Jerusalem also Jehoshaphat appointed men of the Levites and of the priests and of the chiefs of the fathers of the children of Israel for the judgment of the LORD;
then he returned to Jerusalem.
- And he charged them, saying, Thus shall you do in reverence of the LORD, in faithfulness and with a perfect heart.
- And whatsoever case shall come to you of your brethren who dwell in your cities, between bloodshed and bloodshed, between law and commandment, between statutes and ordinances, you shall warn them so that they may not be guilty before the LORD, and thus he become angry with them and with their brethren;
this do, and you shall not be guilty.
- And, behold, I have appointed priests over you, that they may judge just and faithful judgments according to the commandment of the LORD.
And Zechariah the son of Shemiah declared to all the people of Judah all the commandments of the king;
he also declared to the scribes and the Levites, repeating everything before them, saying, Deal courageously, and the LORD will help you for ever.