- ¶ JOTHAM was twenty-five years old when he began to reign, and he reigned sixteen years in Jerusalem.
His mother’s name was Jerushah, the daughter of Zadok.
- And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, according to all that his father Uzziah had done;
howbeit he neglected to enter into the temple of the LORD, and the people were still corrupt.
- He built the upper gate of the house of the LORD, and completed the wall and improved it.
- Moreover he built cities in the land of Judah, and in the forests he built castles and towers.
- He fought also with the Ammonites, and prevailed against them.
And the Ammonites gave him that year a hundred talents of silver and ten thousand measures of wheat and ten thousand measures of barley.
The Ammonites gave to him the same amount in the second year and in the third year.
- So Jotham became mighty because he established his ways before the LORD his God.
- Now the rest of the acts of Jotham and all his wars and his ways, behold, they are written in the Book of the Kings of Israel and Judah.
- He was twenty-five years old when he began to reign, and reigned sixteen years in Jerusalem.
- And Jotham slept with his fathers, and they buried him in the city of David;
and Ahaz his son reigned in his stead.