- ¶ THIS is the third time I am ready to come to you, for by the mouth of two or three witnesses every charge is sustained.
- I have told you before, and again I tell you in advance, just as I have told you on my two previous visits;
and now even while I am far away I write to those who have sinned and to all others, that if I come again, I will not spare any one;
- Since you seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, he has never been weak among you, but is mighty in you.
- For though Jesus was crucified through weakness, yet he lives by the power of God.
As we are weak with him, so we are alive with him by the power of God who is within you.
- Examine yourselves, whether you are in the same faith;
heal your souls.
Do you not realize that Jesus Christ is in you?
If this is not so, then you are rejected.
- But I trust that you shall know that we are not rejected.
- ¶ And I pray to God that our testing will find nothing wrong with you;
but that you may be found doing good things, even though we may appear as though we were rejected.
- For we cannot do anything against the truth, but for the truth.
- For we are glad when we are weak and you are strong;
and this also we pray for, that you may be perfected.
- Therefore I write these things while I am far away, so that when I come, I need not deal harshly with you, according to the authority which my Lord has given me, which is for your edification and not for your destruction.
- ¶ Henceforth, my brethren, rejoice, be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace;
and the God of love and peace shall be with you.
- Greet one another with a holy kiss.
- All the saints salute you.
- The peace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all.