- ¶ FOR this reason we are not weary of the ministry in which we are engaged, just as we are not weary of the mercies that have been upon us;
- But we have renounced the hidden things of shame, and we do not practice cunning, nor do we handle the word of God deceitfully;
but by manifestation of the truth we commend ourselves to every man’s conscience before God.
- If our gospel is hidden, it is hidden to those who are lost,
- To those in this world whose minds have been blinded by God, because they did not believe, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the likeness of God, should shine on them.
- For we do not preach about ourselves, but about Christ Jesus our Lord;
and as to ourselves, we are your servants for Jesus’ sake.
- For God, who said, Let light shine out of darkness, has shone in our hearts so that we may be enlightened with the knowledge of the glory of God in the person of Christ.
- But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of power may be from God, and not from us.
- ¶ We are distressed in every way, but not overwhelmed;
we are harassed on all sides, but not conquered;
- Persecuted, but not forsaken;
cast down, but not destroyed;
- For we always bear in our bodies the death of Jesus, that the life of Jesus might also be made manifest in our bodies.
- For if we who live are delivered to death for Jesus’ sake, so also will the life of Jesus be made manifest in our mortal bodies.
- Thus death is close to us, but life is near to you.
- We have the same spirit of faith;
as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken;
we also believe, therefore we also speak,
- Knowing that he who raised our Lord Jesus shall raise us also by Jesus and shall present us with you.
- For all things are for your sakes that the abundant grace might, through the thanksgiving of many, redound to the glory of God.
- For this reason, we do not grow weary;
for though our outward man perish, yet the inner man is renewed day by day.
- For while the troubles of the present time are little and light, a great and limitless glory for ever and ever is prepared for us.
- We do not rejoice in the things which are seen, but in the things which are not seen;
for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.