- ¶ SO we beseech you, as helpers, that the grace of God which you have received may not be in vain among you.
- For he said, I have answered you in an acceptable time, and I have helped you on the day of salvation;
behold, now is the acceptable time;
and behold now is the day of salvation.
- Give no occasion for offence to any one in anything, so that there be no blemish in our ministry;
- But in all things let us show ourselves to be the ministers of God in much patience, in tribulations, in necessities, in imprisonment,
- In scourgings, in bonds, in tumults, in toilings, in vigils, in fastings;
- By purity, by knowledge, by long-suffering, by kindness, by the Holy Spirit, by sincere love,
- By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,
- By honour and dishonour, by praise and reproach, as deceivers, and yet true;
- As unknown, and yet well known;
as dying, and behold, we live;
as chastened, and not dying;
- As sorrowful, yet always rejoicing;
as poor, yet enriching many;
as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.
- ¶ O Corinthians, we have told you everything, and our heart is relieved.
- You are not constrained by us, but are urged by your affections.
- I speak as to my children, render me my reward which is with you, increase your love toward me.
- Do not unite in marriage with unbelievers, for what fellowship has righteousness with iniquity?
Or what mingling has light with darkness?
- Or what accord has Christ with Satan?
Or what portion has a believer with an unbeliever?
- Or what harmony has the temple of God with idols?
For you are the temple of the living God;
as it is said.
I will dwell in them and walk in them;
and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
- Wherefore come out from among them, and be separate, says the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing;
and I will receive you,
- And will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, said the Lord Almighty.