- ¶ AND David spoke to the LORD the words of this song on the day that the LORD had delivered him out of the hand of all his enemies and out of the hand of Saul;
- ¶ And he said: I will love thee, O LORD my strength and my trust;
the LORD is my strength and my fortress and my deliverer,
- The mighty God in whom I trust;
he is my succor and the horn of my salvation, my refuge who delivered me from the wicked men, my glorious Saviour.
- I will call upon the LORD, and I shall be saved from my enemies.
- For the pangs of death have compassed me, the torrents of ungodly men made me afraid;
- The pangs of Sheol compassed me about;
the snares of death lay ahead of me;
- In my distress I called upon the LORD and cried to my God;
and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears.
- Then the earth shook and trembled;
the foundations of the mountains quaked and burst asunder, because he was angry at them.
- There went up a smoke because of his anger, and fire kindled out of his face;
and coals were kindled by it.
- He bowed the heavens and came down;
and darkness was under his feet.
- And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly;
he flew mightily upon the wings of the wind.
- And he made darkness his pavilion round about him, the dark waters and thick clouds of the skies.
- Out of the brightness of his shelter he made his clouds hail and coals of fire.
- The LORD thundered from heaven, and the most High uttered his voice, hail and coals of fire.
- And he sent out his arrows and scattered them;
he increased his lightning and discomfited them.
- Then the channels of the sea appeared, the foundations of the world were uncovered, at thy rebuke, O LORD, at the blast of the breath of thine anger.
- He sent from above and took me;
he drew me out of many waters;
- He delivered me from my strong enemies and from them that hated me;
for they were too strong for me.
- They fell upon me in the day of my affliction;
but the LORD became my succor.
- He relieved me from my distress;
he delivered me, because he delighted in me.
- The LORD rewarded me according to my righteousness;
according to the cleanness of my hands has he recompensed me.
- For I have kept the ways of the LORD and have not rebelled against my God.
- For all his judgments were before me;
and his statutes I have not put away from me.
- I was blameless before him, and have kept myself from my sin.
- Therefore the LORD has recompensed me according to my righteousness, according to the cleanness of my hands in his sight.
- With the good man thou wilt show thyself good, with the upright man thou wilt show thyself upright.
- With the pure thou wilt show thyself pure;
and with the perverse thou wilt show thyself perverse.
- For thou wilt save the afflicted people;
and the proud ones thou wilt bring down.
- For thou wilt light my lamp;
O LORD my God, lighten my darkness.
- For by thee I can run against a band of robbers;
by the help of my God I have leaped over a wall.
- As for God, his way is perfect;
the word of the LORD is tried;
he succors all who trust in him.
- For there is no God except the LORD.
And there is no one who is mighty but our God.
- The God who has girded me with strength makes my way perfect.
- He makes my feet like hart’s feet, and makes me stand upon my high places.
- He teaches my hands to war, and strengthens my arms like a bow of brass.
- Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation, and thy right hand has helped me;
thy gentleness has made me great.
- Thou hast enlarged my steps under me, so that my feet did not slip.
- I will pursue my enemies and will overtake them, and will not turn back until I have consumed them.
- I will strike them that they may not arise;
yea, they shall fall under my feet.
- Thou hast girded me with strength for the battle;
thou hast made them that rise up against me to be subdued under me.
- Thou hast also made mine enemies to bend their necks to me, that I might silence those that hate me.
- They shall cry to the LORD, but there shall be none to save them;
they shall seek the LORD, but he shall not answer them.
- I shall beat them as small as the dust which is carried by the wind;
I shall tread upon them as the mire of the streets.
- Thou hast delivered me from the strivings of the people, thou hast made me the head of the nations;
a people whom I have not known shall serve me.
- Those who give ear shall hearken to me;
the sons of strangers shall be obedient to me.
- Strangers shall halt and be restrained from their ways.
- The LORD lives;
blessed be he who gives me strength;
and exalted be God my Saviour.
- Thou art the God who has given me vengeance and hast brought down the peoples under me
- And hast delivered me from my enemies;
thou also hast exalted me over those who rose up against me;
thou hast delivered me from wicked men.
- Therefore I will give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the nations, and I will sing praises to thy name.
- He gives great salvation to his king and shows mercy to his anointed, to David and to his descendants for ever.