- ¶ I SOLEMNLY charge you before God and our Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead when his kingdom is come,
- Preach the word;
and stand by it zealously in season and out of season;
rebuke, reprove, through all patience and teaching.
- For the time will come when men will not listen to sound doctrine;
but they will add for themselves extra teachers according to their desires, being lured by enticing words;
- And they will turn away their ears from the truth, and they will turn to fables.
- But you must be awake to all things, endure hardships, do the work of a preacher, and fulfil your ministry.
- From henceforth I am ready to die, and the time of my departure is at hand.
- I have fought a good fight, I have finished my race, I have kept my faith:
- Henceforth there is preserved for me a crown of righteousness, which my Lord, the righteous judge, will give me at that day;
and not to me only but also to all those who have loved his appearing.
- ¶ Make every effort to come to me soon;
- For Demas has forsaken me, having loved this world, and has gone to Thessalonica;
Crespos to Galatia, Titus to Dalmatia.
- Only Luke is with me.
Take Mark and bring him with you;
for he is useful to me for the ministry.
- I have sent Tychicus to Ephesus.
- The book-carrier which I left at Troas with Carpus, bring it with you when you come, and the books, especially the parchment scrolls.
- Alexander, the blacksmith, has done me much evil;
our Lord reward him according to his works;
- You beware of him also;
for he has greatly opposed our words.
- ¶ When I first wrote you, there was no one with me, for all had forsaken me;
do not hold this against them.
- Nevertheless, my Lord stood by me and strengthened me, that by me the preaching might be fulfilled and that all the Gentiles might hear;
and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.
- And my Lord shall deliver me from every evil work and will give me life in his heavenly kingdom.
To him be glory for ever and ever.
- Salute Priscilla and Aquila and their household, and Onesiphorus.
- Erastus has remained at Corinth;
but I left Trophimus sick at the city of Miletus.
- Make every effort to come before winter.
Eubulus greets you, and Pudens and Linus and Claudia and all the brethren.
- Our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.
Grace be with all of us.