- ¶ THUS says the LORD: For three transgressions of Moab, and for four, I will not turn away the punishment from the people thereof, because they burned the bones of the king of Edom into lime;
- But I will send a fire upon Moab, and it shall devour the palaces of Kirioth;
and Moab shall die with tumult, with shouting, and with the sound of the trumpet;
- And I will cut off the judge from its midst, and will slay all its princes with him, says the LORD.
- Thus says the LORD: For three transgressions of Judah.
and for four, I will not turn away the punishment from the people thereof because they have rejected the law of the LORD and have not kept his commandments, and the vain idols, after which their fathers have walked, have caused them to go astray.
- But I will send a fire upon Judah, and it shall devour the palaces of Jerusalem.
- Thus says the LORD: For three transgressions of Israel, and for four, I will not turn away the punishment thereof, because they sold a righteous man for silver, and the poor for a pair of shoes, with which they tread the dust of the earth.
- And they oppress the poor, and turn away justice from the fatherless;
and a man and his father go in to the same woman, to profane my holy name.
- And they laid themselves down in filthy clothes on the sides of every altar, and they drank old wine in the houses of their gods.
- ¶ Yet I destroyed the Amorite before them, whose height was like the height of a cedar, and he was strong as an oak;
yet I destroyed his fruit from above and his roots from beneath.
- Also I brought you up from the land of Egypt, and led you forty years through the wilderness, and brought you here to possess the land of the Amorite.
- And I raised up some of your sons for prophets, and some of your young men for Nazarites.
Is it not even thus, O you children of Israel?
says the LORD.
- But you gave the Nazarites wine to drink;
and commanded the prophets that they should not prophesy.
- Behold, I am weary under your burdens, as a cart creaks that is full of sheaves.
- Therefore the power to run shall perish from the swift, and the strong shall not possess his strength, neither shall the mighty deliver himself.
- And he that handles the bow shall not stand;
and he who is a fast runner shall not deliver himself;
neither shall he who rides the horse deliver himself.
- And he who is courageous like a mighty man shall flee away naked in that day, says the LORD.