- ¶ I SAW the LORD standing over the altar;
and he said, Smite the lintel of the door, that the thresholds may shake;
and let their treachery be upon the heads of all of them, and I will slay those who are left of them with the sword;
he that flees of them shall not escape, and he that is spared of them shall not be delivered.
- Though they go down into Sheol, thence shall my hand bring them up;
though they climb to heaven, thence will I bring them down;
- And though they hide themselves in the top of Carmel, I will search and take them out from there;
and though they be hid from my sight in the bottom of the sea, there I will command the serpent and it shall bite them;
- And though they go into captivity before their enemies, there I will command the sword, and it shall slay them;
and I will set my eyes upon them for evil and not for good;
- Says the LORD God of hosts, who touches the earth and it quakes, and all who dwell in it mourn;
and the end shall rise up like a river, and shall recede like the river of Egypt:
- It is he who has built his stories in heaven, and has made his possessions in the earth;
who calls for the waters of the sea, and pours them out upon the face of the earth;
the LORD of hosts is his name.
- Behold, you are like the Ethiopians to me, O children of Israel!
says the LORD.
Behold, I brought up Israel out of the land of Egypt and the Philistines from Capadocia and the Arameans from Kir.
- Behold, the eyes of the LORD God are upon the sinful kingdom, and I will destroy it from off the face of the earth;
but I will not utterly destroy the house of Jacob, says the LORD.
- For behold, I will command, and I will scatter the house of Israel among all nations as they sift wheat in a sieve, but not even the smallest grain of it shall fall upon the ground.
- All the sinners of my people shall die by the sword, who say, The evil shall not touch us nor overtake us.
- ¶ In that day I will raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen and close up its breaches, and I will raise up its ruins and I will build it as in the days of old, and as in the years of many generations.
- For they shall possess the remnant of Edom, and all the Gentiles who are called by my name, says the LORD who does these things.
- Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when the threshing floor shall overtake the reaper, and the treader of grapes him that sows seed;
and the mountains shall drop sweetness, and all the hills shall rejoice.
- And I will bring back the captivity of my people Israel, and they shall build the ruined cities and inhabit them;
and they shall plant vineyards and drink the wine thereof;
they shall also plant gardens and eat the fruit of them.
- And I will plant them upon their own land, and they shall no more be uprooted from the land which I have given them, says the LORD your God.