- ¶ IF you then are risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sits on the right hand of God.
- Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth,
- For you are dead, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
- When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall you also appear with him in glory.
- ¶ Mortify therefore your earthly members: immorality, uncleanness, intemperate desires, evil lusts, and covetousness;
for these are idolatry,
- And it is because of these things that the wrath of God comes on the children of disobedience.
- In the past you also lived among these things, and you were perverted by them.
- ¶ But now put off from you all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, foul conversation.
- Do not lie one to another, but put away the old life with all its practices;
- And put on the new life which is renewed in knowledge after the pattern in which it was originally created,
- Where there is neither Jew nor Aramean, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Greek nor barbarian, slave nor freeman;
but Christ is all and in all men.
- ¶ Therefore as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on mercy, kindness, gentleness, humbleness of mind, meekness, patience;
- Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another;
and if any one has a complaint against his fellow man, just as Christ forgave you, so should you also forgive.
- And with all these things have love, which is the bond of perfection.
- And let the peace of Christ govern your hearts;
for that end, you are called in one body;
and be thankful to Christ;
- And let his word dwell in you abundantly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to God.
- And whatever you do in word or deed, do it in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, giving thanks through him to God the Father.
- ¶ Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands, as it is appropriate in Christ.
- Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter toward them.
- Children, obey your parents in all things, for this is well pleasing to our Lord.
- Parents, do not provoke your children, that they may not be discouraged.
- Servants, obey your human masters in all things, not with eyeservice, hypocrites;
but with a sincere heart, in reverence for the Lord.
- And whatever you do, do it with your whole soul, as to our Lord and not to men,
- Knowing that from the Lord you shall receive the reward of the inheritance;
for you serve the Lord Christ.
- But the wrongdoer shall be rewarded according to the wrong which he has done;
and there is no respect of persons.