- ¶ AND at that time shall Michael arise, the great angel who has charge over your people;
and there shall be a time of trouble such as never has been like it since the beginning of the world;
and at that very time some of your people shall be delivered, every one whose name shall be found written in the book.
- And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
- And those who have done good and the men of understanding shall shine as the brightness of the firmament;
and those who have turned many to righteousness shall shine and stand like stars for ever and ever.
- But you, O Daniel, seal these words and be silent, and seal this book even to the time of the end;
many shall want to know the end, and knowledge shall be increased.
- ¶ Then I, Daniel, looked, and behold, two other angels stood one on this side of the bank of the river and the other on that side.
- And they said to the man clothed in costly array who stood above the waters of the river, How long shall it be till the end of these things?
- And I heard the man clothed in costly array who stood above the waters of the river.
He held up his right hand and his left hand to heaven, and swore by him who lives for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and a half a time;
and when holy people are delivered, all these things shall be fulfilled.
- And I, Daniel, heard something, but I did not understand;
then I said, O my lord, what shall come after these things?
- And he said, Go your way, Daniel;
for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.
- Many shall be chosen and made white and tried;
but the sinners shall continue to sin;
and none of the wicked shall understand;
but those who have done good works shall understand.
- And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be abolished, and the abomination is given to destruction, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
- Blessed is he who waits and reaches to the thousand three hundred and thirty-five days.
- But as for you, O Daniel, go your way and rest till the end;
then you shall arise at your appointed time, at the end of the days.