- ¶ AT that time the LORD said to me, Hew two tablets of stone like the first, and come up to me on the mountain, and make yourself an ark of wood.
- And I will write on the tablets the words that were on the first tablets which you broke, and you shall put them in the ark.
- So I made an ark of shittim wood, and hewed two tablets of stone like the first, and went up on the mountain, having the two tablets in my hands.
- And he wrote on the tablets, according to the first writing, the ten commandments, which the LORD spoke to you on the mountain out of the midst of the fire in the day of the assembly;
and the LORD gave them to me.
- And I turned and came down from the mountain, and put the tablets in the ark which I had made;
and I left them in it, as the LORD commanded me.
- And the children of Israel took their journey from Beeroth of the children of Jaakan to Mosera;
there Aaron died, and there he was buried, and Eleazar his son ministered in the priest’s office in his stead.
- From thence they journeyed to Gadgad;
and from Gadgad to Jotbath, a land of brooks of waters.
- At that time the LORD set apart the tribe of Levi, to carry the ark of the covenant of the LORD, to stand before the LORD to minister to him, and to bless the name of the LORD, to this day.
- Therefore Levi has no portion nor inheritance with his brethren;
because the LORD is his inheritance, according as the LORD your God promised him.
- And I stayed before the LORD on the mountain according to the first time, forty days and forty nights;
and the LORD hearkened to me at that time also, and the LORD would not destroy you.
- And the LORD said to me, Arise, take your journey before the people, that they may go in and possess the land which I swore to their fathers to give to them.
- ¶ And now, Israel, what does the LORD your God require of you, but to revere the LORD your God, to walk in his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul,
- To keep the commandments of the LORD your God, and his statutes, which I command you this day for your good?
- Behold, the heaven and the heaven of heavens belongs to the LORD your God, the earth also, with all that therein is.
- Only the LORD had a delight in your fathers and he loved them, and he chose their descendants after them, even you above all peoples, as it is this day.
- Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.
- For the LORD your God is he who is the God of gods, and the LORD of lords, a great God, a mighty and a terrible, who is never partial, nor takes bribes;
- He does execute justice for the fatherless and the widows, and loves him who turns to him, and gives him food and clothing.
- Love therefore those who turn to him;
for you were sojourners in the land of Egypt.
- You shall revere the LORD your God;
him shall you serve, and to him shall you cleave, and swear by his name.
- For he is your praise, and he is your God, who has done for you these great and wonderful things which your eyes have seen.
- Your fathers went down to Egypt seventy persons;
and now the LORD your God has made you as the stars of heaven in multitude.