- ¶ IF a person is found slain in the land which the LORD your God gives you to possess, lying in the field, and it is not known who has slain him;
- Then your elders and your judges shall come forth, and they shall measure the distance to the cities which are round about him that is slain;
- And the elders of the city which is nearest to the slain man shall take a heifer which has never been used for work nor has pulled in the yoke,
- And the elders of that city shall bring down the heifer to a barren valley which has never been ploughed nor sown, and shall slaughter the heifer there in the valley;
- And the priests the sons of Levi shall come near, for them the LORD your God has chosen to minister to him, and to bless in the name of the LORD;
and by their word shall every lawsuit and every attack be tried;
- And all the elders of that city which is nearest to the slain man shall wash their hands over the heifer which is slaughtered in the valley;
- And they shall answer and say, Our hands have not shed this blood, neither have our eyes seen the victim.
- Pardon, O LORD, thy people Israel, whom thou hast saved, and lay not innocent blood upon thy people Israel.
And the guilt of blood shall be forgiven them.
- So shall you put away the guilt of innocent blood from among you, when you shall do that which is right in the sight of the LORD.
- ¶ When you go forth to war against your enemies, and the LORD your God delivers them into your hands, and you take them captive,
- And see among the captives a beautiful woman, and you desire her, and would have her for yourself as a wife;
- Then you shall bring her home to your house;
and she shall shave her head and pare her nails;
- And she shall put off the clothes of her captivity and shall remain in your house, and mourn for her father and her mother a full month;
and after that you shall go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be your wife.
- And it shall be, if you have no delight in her, then you shall let her go where she will;
but you shall not sell her at all for money;
you shall not make a harlot of her, for sake of a gain, because you have humbled her.
- ¶ If a man has two wives, one beloved and the other hated, and they have borne him children, both the beloved and the hated;
and if the first-born son be hers that is hated;
- Then it shall be, when he makes his sons to inherit his property, it is unlawful for him to make the son of the beloved wife first-born before the son of the hated;
- But the first-born, the son of the hated, he must receive double portion of all that he has;
for he is the first of his children;
and the right of the first-born is his.
- ¶ If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son, who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and who, when they have chastised him, will not hearken to them;
- Then his father and his mother shall lay hold on him, and bring him out to the eiders of the city, at the gate of his place;
- And they shall say to the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he does not obey our voice;
he is a glutton and a drunkard.
- Then all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die;
so shall you put evil away fore among you;
and all Israel.
I shall hear, and fear.
- And if any man has committed a sin worthy of death, and he is crucified on a tree, and thus put to death;
- His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but you shall bury him the same day (for he who shall revile God shall be crucified), and you shall not defile your land, which the LORD your God gives you for an inheritance.