- ¶ NO adulterer shall enter into the assembly of the LORD.
- Neither shall a bastard enter into the assembly of the LORD;
even to the tenth generation, his descendants shall not enter into the assembly of the LORD.
- An Ammonite or Moabite shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD;
even to the tenth generation, his descendants shall not enter into the assembly of the LORD for ever;
- Because they did not meet you with bread and with water on the way, when you came forth out of Egypt;
and because they hired against you Balaam the son of Beor from Pethor of Aram-nahrin (Mesopotamia) to curse you.
- Nevertheless the LORD your God would not hearken to Balaam;
but the LORD your God turned his curses into blessings to you, because the LORD your God loved you.
- You shall not seek their peace nor their prosperity all the days of your life for ever.
- You shall not drive away an Edomite, for he is your brother;
you shall not drive away an Egyptian, because you were a sojourner in his land.
- The children that are born to them shall enter into the assembly of the LORD in their third generation.
- ¶ When you go forth into the camp against your enemies, you shall beware of every wicked thing.
- If there is among you any man who is not clean by reason of an emission at night, then he shall go outside the camp, he shall not come within the camp;
- But when the evening comes on, he shall bathe himself with water;
and when the sun is down, he shall come into the camp again.
- You shall have a latrine outside the camp, to which you shall go to relieve yourself.
- And you shall have a peg upon your weapon;
and it shall be, when you relieve yourself, you shall dig with it, and then you shall cover your dung;
- For the LORD your God walks in the midst of your camp, to deliver you and to subdue your enemies before you;
therefore shall your camp be holy, that he may not see anything unclean in your camp, and turn away from you.
- ¶ You shall not deliver to his master a servant who has escaped from his master to you;
- But he shall dwell with you in the place which he shall choose in one of your towns, where it pleases him best;
you shall not oppress him.
- There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, also there shall be no sodomite of the sons of Israel.
- You shall not bring the hire of a whore or the price of a dog into the house of the LORD your God for any vow;
for both of these are an abomination before the LORD your God.
- You shall not lend with interest to your brother: interest of money, interest of grain, and the interest of anything that is lent with interest;
- To a foreigner you may lend with interest;
but to your brother you shall not lend with interest, that the LORD your God may bless you in all that you set your hand to in the land which you shall go in to possess.
- When you shall vow a vow to the LORD your God, you shall not be slack to pay it;
for the LORD your God will surely require it of you;
and it would be a sin in you.
- But if you are unwilling to make a vow, then it shall be no sin in you.
- That which is gone out of your lips you shall keep and perform;
just as you have vowed a freewill offering to the LORD your God, which you have promised with your mouth.
- When you come into your neighbor’s vineyard, then you may eat grapes, your fill at your own pleasure;
but you shall not put any into your vessel.
- When you come into the standing wheat of your neighbor, you may pluck the ears with your hand;
but you shall not put a sickle to your neighbor’s standing grain.