- ¶ AND if you shall hearken diligently to the voice of the LORD your God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command you this day, the LORD your God will set you on high above all the nations of the earth;
- And all these blessings shall come on you, and overtake you, if you shall hearken to the voice of the LORD your God.
- Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the field.
- Blessed shall be the fruit of your body and the fruit of your ground, the bearing of your cattle, the increase of your herds, and the flocks of your sheep.
- Blessed shall be your breadbasket and your dough.
- Blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out.
- The LORD shall cause your enemies who rise up against you to surrender defeated before you;
they shall come out against you by one way, and flee before you by seven ways.
- The LORD shall command blessings upon you in your storehouses, and in all that you put your hand to;
and he shall bless you in the land which the LORD your God gives you.
- The LORD shall establish you a holy people to himself, as he has sworn to you, if you shall keep all the commandments of the LORD your God and walk in his ways.
- And all the people of the earth shall see that you are called by the name of the LORD, and they shall be afraid of you.
- And the LORD shall enrich you in good things, in the fruit of your body and in the bearing of your cattle and in the fruit of your ground, in the land which the LORD swore to your fathers to give you.
- The LORD shall open to you his good storehouse, the heaven, to give you rain to your land in its season;
and he will bless all the works of your hands;
and you shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow;
and you shall rule over many nations, but they shall not rule over you.
- And the LORD shall make you the head, and not the tail;
and you shall be on top only, and you shall not be beneath;
if you will hearken to the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you this day, to observe and to do them.
- And you shall not turn aside from any of the commandments which I command you this day, to the right hand, or to the left, and you shall not go after the Gentile gods, nor serve them.
- ¶ But if you will not hearken to the voice of the LORD your God, and do not observe and do all his commandments and his statutes which I command you this day, then all these curses shall come upon you and overtake you.
- Cursed shall you be in the city, and cursed shall you be in the field.
- Cursed shall be your breadbasket and your dough.
- Cursed shall be the fruit of your body and the fruit of your land, the herds of your oxen and the flocks of your sheep.
- Cursed shall you be when you come in, and cursed shall you be when you go out.
- The LORD shall send upon you ruin, confusion, and rebuke in all that you set your hand to do, until you are destroyed, and until you perish quickly;
because of your evil doings, because you have forsaken me.
- The LORD shall send pestilence upon you, until he has consumed you from off the land which you are entering to possess.
- The LORD shall afflict you with confusion and with skin disease and with an inflammation and with burning fever and with the sword and with blasting and with mildew;
and they shall pursue you until you perish.
- And the heaven that is over your head shall be brass, and the earth that is under you shall be iron.
- The LORD shall make the rain of your land powder and dust;
from heaven shall they come down upon you, until you are destroyed.
- The LORD shall cause you to be routed before your enemies;
you shall go out one way against them, but you shall flee seven ways before them;
and you shall be a horror to all the kingdoms of the earth.
- And your carcass shall be food for the fowls of the air and the beasts of the earth, and there shall be no one to drive them off.
- The LORD will smite you with the boils of Egypt and with hemorrhoids and with leprosy and with the itch, and thereof you cannot be healed.
- The LORD shall smite you with madness and blindness and dumbness of heart;
- And you shall grope at noonday, as the blind grope in darkness, and you shall not prosper in your ways;
and you shall be carried away violently, and oppressed and wronged all your days, and no man shall save you.
- You shall betroth a wife, and another man shall take her;
you shall build a house, and you shall not dwell in it;
you shall plant a vineyard, and you shall not press grapes of it.
- Your ox shall be slaughtered before your eyes, and you shall not eat of it;
your ass shall be violently taken away from you, and shall not be restored to you;
your sheep shall be given to your enemies, and you shall have none to rescue them.
- Your sons and your daughters shall be given to another people, and your eyes shall look on, and you shall grieve over them all the day long;
and there shall be no might in your hand to do anything.
- The fruit of your land and all your labors shall a nation which you know not eat up;
and you shall be only wronged and oppressed always;
- So that you shall be blinded of the sight with which your eyes shall see.
- The LORD shall smite you in your knees and in your legs with malignant boils that cannot be healed, from the sole of your foot to the top of your head.
- The LORD shall drive you away, and your king whom you have set over you, to a nation that neither you nor your fathers have known;
and there you shall serve other gods, of wood and stone.
- And you shall become a horror, a proverb, and a byword, among all nations where the LORD your God shall drive you.
- You shall carry much seed into your field, and you shall gather but little in;
for the locust shall consume it.
- You shall plant a vineyard and dress it, but you shall neither drink of the wine nor gather the grapes, because the worms shall eat it.
- You shall have olive trees throughout all your territory, but you shall not anoint yourself with the oil;
for your olives shall drop off.
- You shall beget sons and daughters, but they shall not remain yours;
for they shall go into captivity.
- All your trees and fruits of your land shall the locust consume.
- The stranger who is in your midst shall rise up above you very high;
and you shall come down very low.
- He shall lend to you, and you shall not lend to him;
he shall be the head, and you shall be the tail.
- ¶ Moreover all these curses shall come upon you and shall pursue you and overtake you, until you are destroyed;
because you did not hearken to the voice of the LORD your God, and did not keep his commandments and his statutes which he commanded you;
- And they shall be upon you for signs and wonders, and upon your descendants for ever.
- Because you did not serve the LORD your God with joyfulness and with gladness of heart, for the abundance of all things;
- Therefore you shall serve your enemies whom the LORD shall send against you, in hunger and in thirst and in nakedness and in want of all things;
and he shall put a yoke of iron upon your neck, until he has destroyed you.
- The LORD shall bring a nation against you from afar, from the ends of the earth, as swift as the eagle that flies;
a nation whose language you do not understand;
- A people of fierce countenance, who shall not regard the person of the old, nor show mercy to the young:
- And they shall eat the young of your cattle and the fruit of your land, until they destroy you;
they also shall not leave you either grain or wine or oil or herds of oxen or flocks of sheep, until they have destroyed you.
- And they shall besiege you in all your cities, until your high and fortified walls in which you trust are taken throughout all your land;
and they shall besiege you in all your cities throughout all your land, which the LORD your God has given you.
- And you shall eat the fruit of your own body, the flesh of your sons and of your daughters, whom the LORD your God has given you: and you shall eat them in the siege and in the distress with which your enemies shall harass you;
- So that the man who abounds in delights among you and lives a luxurious life, his eye shall be evil toward his brother and toward his lawful wife and toward the remnant of his children that are left;
- So that he will not give to any of them of the flesh of his children whom he shall eat;
because he has nothing left him in the siege and in the distress with which your enemies shall harass you in all your cities.
- The woman who abounds in delights, who lives a luxurious life among you, who would not venture to set the sole of her foot upon the ground because of her delicacy and tenderness, her eye shall be evil toward her husband and toward her son and toward her daughter
- And toward the afterbirth that comes out from between her feet and toward her child whom she shall bear, when she eats them for want of all things in the siege and distress with which your enemy shall harass you in all your cities.
- If you will not observe and do all the words of this law that are written in this book, that you may fear the glorious and wonderful name of the LORD your God;
- Then the LORD will send your plagues and the plagues of your descendants, even great plagues of long duration, and sore sicknesses of long duration.
- Moreover he will bring upon you all the diseases of Egypt, of which you were afraid;
and they shall cleave to you.
- Also all kinds of sickness and all plagues which are not written in this book of the law, then will the LORD bring upon you, until you are destroyed.
- And you shall be left few in number, whereas you were as the stars of the heaven for multitude;
because you would not obey the voice of the LORD your God.
- And as the LORD rejoiced over you to do you good and to multiply you;
so the LORD will rejoice over you to destroy you and exterminate you;
and you shall be carried away from the land which you are entering to possess.
- And the LORD shall scatter you among all peoples, from one end of the earth to the other;
and there you shall serve other gods, of wood and stone, which neither you nor your fathers have known.
- And among these nations you shall find no ease, neither shall the sole of your foot have rest;
but the LORD shall give you there a trembling heart and failing of eyes and sorrow of the soul;
- And your life shall be uncertain before you;
and you shall fear day and night, and shall have no assurance of your life;
- In the morning you shall say, Would God it were evening!
and in the evening you shall say, Would God it were morning!
because of the fear of your heart with which you shall fear, and because of the hardships which you shall see with your eyes.
- And the LORD shall bring you back into Egypt with ships, by the way whereof he said to you, You shall see it no more again;
and there you shall be sold to your enemies as bondmen and bondwomen, but there shall be no one to buy you.