- ¶ AND it shall come to pass, when all these are come upon you, the blessings and the curses which I have set before you, and you shall call them to mind among all the nations where the LORD your God has driven you,
- And shall return to the LORD your God and shall obey his voice according to all that I command you this day, you and your children, with all your heart and with all your soul;
- Then the LORD your God will bring back again your captivity, and have compassion upon you, and will return and gather you from all the nations where the LORD your God has driven you.
- If your scattered ones are in the outmost parts of heaven, O Israel, from thence will the LORD your God gather you, and from thence will he fetch you;
- And the LORD your God will bring you into the land which your fathers possessed, and you shall possess it;
and he will do you good, and multiply you more than your fathers.
- And the LORD your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, and then you will love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, because he will give you rest.
- And the LORD your God will put all these curses upon your enemies, and on those who hate you, who persecuted you.
- And you shall return and obey the voice of the LORD your God, and do all his commandments which I command you this day.
- And the LORD your God will make you plenteous in every work of your hand, in the fruit of your body and in the bearing of your cattle and in the fruit of your land, for good;
for the LORD will again rejoice over you for good, as he rejoiced over your fathers;
- If you will obey the voice of the LORD your God, and keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if you turn to the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
- ¶ For this commandment which I command you this day is not hidden from you, neither is it far off.
- It is not in heaven, that you should say, Who shall go up for us to heaven and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?
- Neither is it beyond the sea, that you should say, Who shall go over the sea for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?
- But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may do it.
- ¶ See, I have set before you this day life and good, and death and misfortunes;
- In that I command you this day to love the LORD your God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments;
then you shall live;
and multiply exceedingly;
and the LORD your God shall bless you in the land which you are entering to possess.
- But if your heart turns away, so that you will not hear, but shall go astray, and worship other gods and serve them;
- I declare to you this day that you shall surely perish, and that you shall not live long in the land which you are crossing over the Jordan to possess.
- I call heaven and earth to bear witness against you this day, that I have set before you life and death, blessings and cursings;
therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live;
- That you may love the LORD your God, and that you may obey his voice, and that you may cleave to him;
for he is your life and the length of your days;
that you may dwell in the land which the LORD swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give to you.