- ¶ AND Moses went up from the plains of Moab to the mountain of Nebo, to the top of the hill which is opposite Jericho.
And the LORD showed him all the land of Gilead as far as Dan,
- And all Naphtali, and the land of Ephraim, and Manasseh, and all the land of Judah as far as the Mediterranean Sea,
- And the south, and the plain of the valley of Jericho, the city of palm trees, as far as Zoar.
- And the LORD said to him, This is the land which I swore to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, saying, I will give it to your descendants;
I have permitted you to see it with your eyes, but you shall not go over to it.
- ¶ So Moses the servant of the LORD died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the LORD.
- And he buried him in a valley in the land of Moab, over against Beth-peor;
but no man knows of his sepulchre to this day.
- And Moses was a hundred and twenty years old when he died;
but his eye was not dim, nor the skin of his cheeks wrinkled.
- And the children of Israel wept for Moses in the plains of Moab thirty days;
so the days of weeping and mourning for Moses were ended.
- ¶ And Joshua the son of Nun was full of the spirit of wisdom;
for Moses had laid his hands upon him;
and the children of Israel obeyed him, and did as the LORD commanded Moses.
- And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,
- In all the signs and the wonders, which the LORD sent him to do in the land of Egypt to Pharaoh and to all his servants and to all his land,
- And in all that mighty power, and in all the great signs which Moses wrought in the sight of all Israel.