- ¶ NOW these are the commandments, the statutes, and the judgments which the LORD your God commanded me to teach you, that you shall do them in the land into which you are going to possess it;
- That you may fear the LORD your God, to keep all his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, which I commanded you, this day, you and your son and your son’s son, all the days of your life;
and that your days may be prolonged.
- Hear therefore, O Israel, and observe and do them;
that it may be well with you, and that you may increase greatly;
for the LORD God of your fathers has promised you that he will give you a land that flows with milk and honey.
- ¶ Hear, O Israel: the LORD our God is one LORD;
- And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
- And these words which I command you this day shall be in your heart:
- And you shall repeat them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up.
- And you shall bind them for a sign upon your hand, and they shall be as a token between your eyes.
- And you shall write them upon the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
- And it shall be, when the LORD your God shall have brought you into the land which he swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give you great and goodly cities, which you did not build,
- And houses full of all good things, which you did not fill, and cisterns digged, which you did not dig, and vineyards and olive trees, which you did not plant;
when you shall eat and be full;
- Then take heed lest you forget the LORD your God, who brought you forth out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.
- You shall reverence the LORD your God, and serve him, and shall swear by his name.
- You shall not go after other gods, the gods of the people who are round about you,
- (For the LORD your God is a zealous God among you) test the anger of the LORD your God be kindled against you, and he destroy you from off the face of the earth.
- You shall not tempt the LORD your God, as you tempted him with temptations.
- ¶ You shall diligently keep the commandments of the LORD your God and his testimonies and his statutes, which he has commanded you.
- And you shall de that which is good and right in the sight of the LORD;
that it may be well with you, and that you may go in and possess the good land which the LORD swore to your fathers,
- And defeat all your enemies from before you, as the LORD has spoken.
- And when your son asks you in time to come, saying, What mean the testimonies and the statutes and the judgments which the LORD our God has commanded you?
- Then you shall say to your son, We were Pharaoh’s slaves in Egypt;
and the LORD brought us out of Egypt with a mighty hand;
- And the LORD wrought signs and great wonders, and plagues in Egypt against Pharaoh and against all his army, before our eyes;
- And the LORD brought us out from there, that he might bring us in and give us the land which he swore to our fathers.
- And the LORD commanded us to do all these statutes, to revere the LORD our God, for our good always, that he might preserve us alive, as it is at this day.
- And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe and do all these commandments before the LORD our God, as he has commanded us.