- ¶ CAST your bread upon the waters;
for you shall find it after many days.
- Give a portion to seven, and also to eight;
for you know not what misfortune shall come upon the earth.
- If the clouds be full of rain, they empty themselves upon the earth;
and if a tree fall toward the south or toward the north, in the place where the tree falls, there it shall be.
- He who observes the wind shall not sow;
and he who regards the clouds shall not reap.
- As you do not know the path of the wind, and the manner of a woman who is with child;
even so you do not know the works of the LORD who makes all.
- In the morning sow your seed, and in the evening withhold not your hands: for you know not which shall prosper, either this or that, or whether they both alike shall be good.
- ¶ Truly light is sweet, and it is a pleasant thing for the eyes;
but much more to those who see the sun.
- If a man live many years, and rejoice in them all;
yet let him remember the days of darkness;
for they shall be many.
All that comes is vanity.
- Rejoice, O young man, in your youth;
and it shall be well with you;
and walk in the ways of your heart, and in the sight of your eyes;
but know that for all these things the LORD will bring you into judgment.
- Therefore remove anger from your heart, and put away evil from your flesh;
for youth and ignorance are vanity.