- ¶ AND he said to Moses, Come up to the LORD, you and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel;
and you shall worship afar off.
- And Moses alone shall come near the LORD;
but they shall not draw near;
neither shall the people come up with him.
- And Moses came and told the people all the words of the LORD and all the ordinances;
and all the people answered with one voice, and said, Everything which the LORD has said we will do.
- And Moses wrote all the words of the LORD, and rose up early in the morning and built an altar at the foot of the mountain, and twelve pillars, according to the twelve tribes of Israel.
- And he sent young men of the children of Israel, who offered burnt offerings and sacrificed peace offerings of oxen to the LORD.
- And Moses took half of the blood, and put it into basins;
and half of the blood he sprinkled on the altar.
- And he took the book of the covenant and read it in the presence of the people;
and they said, All that the LORD has said we will obey and do.
- And Moses took the blood and sprinkled it on the people and said, This is the blood of the covenant which the LORD has made with you concerning all these words.
- ¶ Then Moses and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel went up;
- And they saw the God of Israel;
and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of sapphire stone, clear as the color of the sky.
- And he did not harm the elders of the children of Israel;
and they saw God, and ate and drank.
- ¶ And the LORD said to Moses, Come up to me to the mountain, and present yourself there;
and I will give you tablets of stone, and the laws and commandments which I have written;
that you may teach them.
- And Moses rose up and his minister Joshua;
and Moses went up to the mountain of God.
- And he said to the elders, You wait here for us until we return to you;
and, behold, Aaron and Hur are with you;
whoever has a problem, let him come to them.
- And Moses went up to the mountain, and a cloud covered the mountain.
- And the glory of the LORD rested upon mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it for six days;
and on the seventh day the LORD called to Moses out of the midst of the cloud.
- And in the sight of all the children of Israel he saw the glory of the LORD like a burning fire on the top of the mountain.
- And Moses went into the midst of the cloud and went up to the mountain;
and Moses was in the mountain forty days and forty nights.